Sunday, August 10, 2008

Across The Pond #3 - London

This is going to be a real test of my memory and creativity. Apparently, we did not send out cruise notes for this day and the only thing in my journal says, "Tues. 8-29-06 - Breakfast at The Rubens". That's not much of a hint as to what we did that day, so I will just have to depend on the photos with that date on them and try to reconstruct our day.


From Tuesday, August 29, 2006:


Well, we got up and had breakfast at The Rubens (duh!!!).



^^We went to the British Museum where we saw the. . .


^^Rosetta Stone. I've been hearing about that rock all my life.


^^It was good to actually get to see it in person.


^^We saw Westminster Cathedral, not to be confused with. . . .


^^Westminster Abbey, which we didn't get to see.


^^One of the neatest things I remember from London was a sushi bar. I'm not sure if you can tell from this photo, but the ledge with all the dishes of food lined up on it was a conveyor belt. It was constantly moving around the counter with sushi dishes on it. When you saw something you liked, you simply took it off the conveyor belt and ate it. At the end of the meal, the waitress just counted up the number of plates at your spot and charged you accordingly. Brilliant!!! We didn't actually eat there, I just was so amazed that I had to go inside to take a picture.

No comments: